Why do kids turn into little monkeys jumping on the bed when it’s time to go to sleep? Podcast Special by Lisa Brown
Do You Need More Peace and Quiet in Your Evenings? Today’s podcast will help you create a quiet and restful place. Better Sleep for everyone!!!
Why do kids have a hard time going to sleep when it is their bedtime? In today’s podcast I will answer this very question. After listening to this show you will have some new parenting strategies to try tonight with your kids. And hopefully have a future filled with more peaceful nights!!
Activities to Do Before Bedtime
- Spending time together and making memories
- Activities that feed the soul
Why Do Kids Not Fall Asleep At Bedtime?
- -It could be they had too much sugar before bed or a high carb dinner.
- -Kids have a hard time going from active play to going to sleep.
- -It’s difficult for kids to go to sleep after television shows or video games.
- -Scheduling too many outings in the evenings prevents children from having a regular schedule that their mind and body can adjust too.
- -Kids who oversleep in the morning typically don’t go to sleep at their regular bedtime.
Things We Can Do To Help Children Fall Asleep
- Be consistent with nighttime routine.
- Provide an atmosphere at bedtime that reflects quiet and restful.
Keep in mind that any new routine takes time to get used to. In time kids learn to expect it and look forward to it. I like to think that everything we do with our kids is building memories and rituals that they will pass on to their kids.
What are some things you do for your bedtime routine? What are some new things you learned from today’s show? And what will you try tonight?
Listen to the podcast
To listen to the show, click the player below (If reading this via email, click here).